Last summer, I entered my top model Kiana in the Pink Parlor Next Top Model competition. This was a search for the top fashion doll. For 2 months, a weekly photo challenge was presented. Each week, a fashion doll model was eliminated. The challenges were tough but fun. The judges were sometimes very critical, just like in a real reality show. Kiana made it to the semi-finals. She was one of the few Barbie dolls that made it to this level amongst the more expensive dolls like Fashion Royalty, Misaki, and Sybarite dolls. I first show you the submitted photo and an alternative photo.
Glamour Challenge
The glamour challenge was a black and white photo to emulate the look of old Hollywood. I chose Between Takes Barbie's beautiful mint chiffon dress with marabou boa.
This is one of the other poses without the black and white filter applied.
"Wild" Challenge
The next challenge was to have the model wear animal print. I chose Day in the Sun Barbie's swimsuit. The setting was outdoors in my garden to create a jungle-like atmosphere.
Naughty and Nice Challenge
The naughty and nice challenge was the hardest challenge for Kiana. She is not used to being provocative. But we came up with a beautiful photo that looks sexy but tasteful. The outfit is from Red Moon Silkstone Barbie.
Bling Bling Challenge
The bling bling challenge was to wear shiny jewelry or clothes. I thought of the disco ball and the disco style outfit. The dress is a Fashion Fever dress. I was very pleased with how the photo shoot came out. 
Monochromatic Challenge
This challenge was the semi-finals challenge. The challenge was to create a look of clothes and background in the same color family. I twisted Kiana's hair into multiple braids and gave her a more exotic look. I used a carved soapstone lion statue and basket weave placemat as backgrounds. Her eyes were photoshopped green to go along with the color scheme. Comments from the judges and viewers were very favorable. This was Kiana's best photoshoot for the contest. The final photo used Exotic Beauty Barbie's dress. The other outfit was a combination of a Princess Jasmine swimsuit and Cali Girl skirt.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Top Model Kiana
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Love Kiana pics, she won in my book ;)
Post a Comment